We normally focus on the jewellery itself and so often forget the importance of storing your precious pieces safely and ensuring you can reach them quickly when you need to!
We’ve found some traditional and more inventive ways to store those precious jewels:
The traditional box…
On the wall…
If you’re feeling a little bit more adventurous you could always borrow some kitchen utensils….
Or use a little bit of nature…
But storing them appropriately is only one way of keeping them safe, you need to ensure you take care of your jewellery in order for it to shine for years to come. Here are some top tips on how to take care of your jewellery:
- Gently rub gold and silver jewellery with a soft, clean cloth to maximise the shine
- Jewellery set with gems can be brought to life by careful cleaning with a soft brush and soapy water, or with a proprietary jewellery cleaning solution. Try not to get threaded pearl or bead jewellery wet and only wet antique jewellery after specialist advice - you could ruin it
- Wipe pearls with a soft damp cloth after wearing to remove perfume, hairspray and anything else likely to damage them
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners on jewellery
- You can use silver ‘dip’ type cleaners on most silver jewellery - but rinse and dry them thoroughly
- Don’t use silver ‘dip’ type cleaning solutions on gold jewellery, only special jewellery cleaners
- Keep jewellery carefully stored and separated - not jumbled together in a draw
- Keep chains fastened so that they don’t get tangled up