The International Palladium Board will be at IJL for the first time this year and has announced the details of their exciting seminar. Luxury writer Claire Adler is set to host the seminar on Monday 3 September at 4pm with special guest, designer Stephen Webster, and IPB chairman, Brad Mills, to introduce palladium as the newest precious metal to be hallmarked. This will be followed by a reception to celebrate IPB’s first year at IJL.
Claire Adler commented: “This year I'm chairing a session with celebrity jeweller Stephen Webster and Brad Mills, chairman of the International Palladium Board. We’re at the early stages of its journey in fine jewellery and I think this seminar will introduce palladium as the contemporary precious metal of the future.”
A regular at International Jewellery London, Claire Adler knows the seminar programme well. She describes it as a “rich source of authoritative information - and it's all free! Sessions like these are a great way of staying up to date with influential trends as much as with influential people.”
International Jewellery London has the largest free to attend jewellery industry seminar programme in the UK, featuring high profile speakers and covering hot topics. The show, organised by Reed Exhibitions, runs from 2 – 5 September at Earls Court, London.
There are three seminar streams running over the four days of the show so visitors can easily work out which seminars they would benefit the most from attending. The streams are: Industry Insights, Successful Retailing and the Inspiration Theatre, which is located on the show floor. Sessions in the Theatre focus on jewellery trends, panel debates and leading keynote speakers.
Other seminar highlights at the 2012 IJL show include:
• The Retail Champion Clare Rayner
• Martin Rapaport’s report on the diamond industry - a valuable opportunity to hear the latest updates
• Leading market research company GfK, presenting two different seminars this year. Account Director Jonathan Hedges, who will cover the watch industry, said: “With the IJL show continuing to develop and expand into showcasing watches, this provides GfK with an increasing audience with which we can present the latest trends in the UK market place to. The market is seeing dynamic evolution currently via the increasing importance of internet retailers, sharp decline in volume sales and yet continued increase in average selling prices and the development of new materials. GfK will provide insight into these key trends and look towards what the future might hold for the watches industry, for both retailers and manufacturers alike”
• Industry-leading global forecast and analysis service Stylesight providing an in depth presentation on upcoming trends. They will look at the overarching trends influencing design for the A/W 2013 season, with a focus on the design directives for the jewellery and accessories market. "These seminars provoke inspiration for future creative processes, provide opportunities to connect with industry colleagues as well as share experiences and expertise," says Kim Mannino, Director of Client Engagement, EMEA, Stylesight
• The man behind Maketh-The-Man, Callum Watt will cover social media and how this can be useful for brands
• The Silver Promotion Service, presenting a seminar for the first time
• Successful retailers and designers – such as PureJewels’ Brand Manager Jayant Raniga
• The Great Debate 2012 will also be a highlight
Visit this link to see the full IJL 2012 programme and timings: www.jewellerylondon.com/seminars
NOTES TO EDITORS
For more information, images or quotes, or to arrange press registration, please contact:
Stephanie Power or Suzanna Hammond
+44 (0) 207 630 6633 / 07944 860 839
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
About International Jewellery London
International Jewellery London is your only dedicated UK jewellery trade event, unveiling the latest inspiring collections, contemporary and classic.
IJL celebrates the most talented, innovative British and International jewellery designers, wholesalers and manufacturers.
International Jewellery London takes place at, Earls Court 2, London from 2 – 5 September 2012. For further information please visit www.jewellerylondon.com
IJL is sponsored by the NAG & BJA and supported by the GIA, Gem-A, The Houlden Group, The Company of Master Jewellers, Platinum Guild International and The Responsible Jewellery Council.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 39 countries. In 2011 Reed brought together six million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 33 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading publisher and information provider and a FTSE 100 company. www.reedexpo.com