International Jewellery London 2014 promises to deliver the very latest jewellery trend information with a unique three-day programme of activities delivered with flair and knowhow by industry experts. For the second year running, trend partner Adorn Insight have put together the Spring/Summer 2015 jewellery trends for the Runway catwalk show. Specialist seminars will highlight and discuss the new directions in inspirational jewellery design, and more than 550 designers will be presenting their take on the key looks for the forthcoming seasons.
“There can be no better way for retailers and buyers to plan a really successful year ahead, than a visit to IJL. The shows at The Runway will give a quick snapshot of trend must-haves, while the Trend seminars will offer invaluable insights. On top of which, the show will unveil a superb array of talent and craftsmanship from the best jewellery designers in the world," states Sam Willoughby, Event Director.
Perfectly timed for the Spring buy, the daily catwalk show, The Runway, will feature many of the most stunning on-trend pieces to be found at the show. As the only dedicated trend resource for jewellery professionals, IJL trend partner Adorn Insight have an unrivalled knowledge of the jewellery world. Their clients range from fast fashion retailers and manufacturers to prestigious luxury designers. The Runways will take place at 10.30, 1.30 and 3.30pm every day at the show. There is also a special catwalk show featuring an additional exclusive Evening Wear scene on the Late Night Shopping evening sponsored by CARAT* on Sunday 31 August, at 6.00pm.
The Spring/Summer 2015 jewellery trends Adorn Insight have identified as particularly key to the sector are Eden, Fusion, Shape It and Timewarp - and below are some of the designers and brands at the show reflecting each trend:
Imagine a vibrant and colourful Garden of Eden with the plants and animals inspiring clothes and jewellery that are lush and full of movement. Feathers and gauzy fabrics resemble wings, clouds and water, with sequins and beads representing fish scales.
- Harriet Bedford's Ladybird Nemesis bracelet. Hand painted ladybirds move freely around the sterling silver tracks
- Groupe Vendôme Joaillerie Serpent bracelet in 18K gold with white and black diamonds
- Lucy Q Drip Couture Collection Ring, available in Sterling Silver or Gold Vermeil with freshwater pearl
- Tada & Toy Shark Tooth pendant in rose gold set with smoky and white crystals
Have fun with a fusion of styles and cultures! The traditional fabric of a manly shirt combined with the beautiful silk of a sports inspired garment. Look forward to mixing things up next season!
- Nikki Lissoni Pink Indian Heart coin necklace draws on inspiration from the traditional Indian culture of salwar-kameez to create a fabulous Bollywood vibe
- Danhov Classico stackable men’s ring in 18K white and 18K yellow gold bands
- Pomegranate sterling silver and 18K gold plate vermeil statement earrings with aqua chalcedony, prehnite and lemon quartz
- Bronzallure woven bracelet in 18K rose gold bronze with precious haematite stones
Appearing on the catwalk with prints, panels, pleats and cut out garments – the Shape It style inspires simple geometric shaped jewellery.
- CW Sellors Flore ring by Rebecca Sellors in sterling silver and Whitby Jet
- Molly B Couture Love Knot Tassel necklace in sterling silver, symbolizing joy, wealth and health
- Fei Liu Cascade large pendant in sterling silver with black Rhodium plate
- Mark Milton Spotlight Icon cuff , wide silver cuff with 18K rose gold vermeil. Subtle concave shape, highly polished finish
A romantic look with a historical feel, combining textures, lace and brocade. Expect feminine details – but not without an injection of sass!
- Mounir white Chalcedony necklace with pink topaz, pink opals, ruby, amethyst and freshwater cultured pearls adding texture with 14K gold chain
- Buchwald's 60's inspired earrings in rose gold with multi-coloured sapphires and diamonds
- Ponte Veccio Vivaldi Bracelet in rose gold 18K with rubies, aquamarines, amethysts, red tourmalines, garnets and diamonds
- Katie Rowland Millarca cocktail ring in sterling silver 925 and 18K gold vermeil embellished with mystic blue topaz and multi-coloured semi-precious stones
At IJL, finding out the details about the latest trends is exciting, thanks to the inspiring line-up of seminars featuring leading experts and iconic names. Hot 2014 trend seminars and panel sessions include:
- How to Market your brand via Jewellery Blogs and Social Media Channels - Fine jewellery blogger Katerina Perez (katerinaperez.com) teams up with Isabella Lee (rockinthatgem.com) and the duo will spill the beans on how to effectively utilise social tools and collaborate with bloggers to promote a jewellery brand. 4pm Sunday 31 August
- The SS15 Jewellery trends you need to know - Maia Adams, content director and co-founder of Adorn Insight, identifies the four big trends for Spring/Summer 2015 and will show how to translate these into commercially viable jewellery lines. 1.30pm Tuesday 2 September
- Maximising your Social Media Channels to win customers - Chief executive of jewellery e-tailer, My Flash Trash, Amber Atherton, will take the stage to discuss the importance of social media when it comes to winning new customers. 4.30pm Monday 1 September
All seminars are free to attend, providing vital market information and insights across the industry. For further details, please see: http://www.jewellerylondon.com/Whats_On/. And with just over one week to go until IJL, you can still register for free at www.jewellerylondon.com/register
IJL 2014 will run from 31 August to 2 September 2014 at Olympia Grand, London. For more information about IJL, please contact: Jennifer Hall-Thompson or Suzanna Hammond +44 (0) 207 630 6633 / +44 (0) 7944 860 839 IJLPressoffice@reedexpo.co.uk
About International Jewellery London
International Jewellery London is your only dedicated UK jewellery trade event, unveiling the latest inspiring collections, contemporary and classic.
IJL celebrates the most talented, innovative British and International jewellery designers, wholesalers and manufacturers.
International Jewellery London takes place at Olympia, London from 31 August – 2 September 2014. For further information please visit www.jewellerylondon.com
IJL is sponsored by the NAG & BJA and supported by the GIA, Gem-A, The Houlden Group, The Company of Master Jewellers, Platinum Guild International, The Responsible Jewellery Council and CIBJO.
About Reed Exhibitions
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events organizer, with over 500 events in 39 countries. In 2011 Reed brought together six million active event participants from around the world generating billions of dollars in business. Today Reed events are held throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and Africa and organized by 33 fully staffed offices. Reed Exhibitions serves 44 industry sectors with trade and consumer events and is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc, a world-leading publisher and information provider and a FTSE 100 company. www.reedexpo.com